If you want to build rapport with others and win their trust, do not make them the butt of your jokes, make fun of yourself.
Don’t ever take yourself seriously, but always take God seriously.
Do not expect to get stuff from others because of your position or relationship with them, but always expect to give.
Take an umbrella when it rains.
These are some great words of advice I have received over the years. These tidbits are golden when I listen and take them to heart! I benefited from these encounters when my heart was soft, my ears were open, and I acted upon them.
I thank God for strategically placing in my life at just the right decision-making corners, the right person with the right word of advice.
The book of Proverbs is a book of God’s advice to us.
Here’s some advice: read a chapter of Proverbs each day. With thirty-one chapters, we could read through Proverbs each month.
“Listen to advice and accept instruction,
that you may gain wisdom in the future.
Many are the plans in the mind of a man,
but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand.
Proverbs 19:20-21 (ESV)
1. We have to listen to the advice God gives us through Scripture or through people in our lives.
2. We must accept the instruction for it to benefit us.
3. Often the wisdom is for a future event and not for the moment, so patiently hold on to it.
4. We devise many plans in our heads but we must discover God’s purpose for our lives.
5. In a hundred years, only what’s done in God’s purpose will still be left standing.
Thank-you Father for bringing wise people and wise proverbs into our lives just when we need them. Please give us discernment to know when and how to use this counsel. Your Word is a light to our path and a lamp for our feet. May your Word shine brightly so that we may live in the center of Your purpose.