- What if you knew you could make a difference, would you do it?
- If you could be certain a particular act of ministry or kindness would be effective, would you act?
- Would you work differently for the Lord if you were assured God would use it to make an impact in someone’s life?
“Of course I would!” you might say, “but I don’t know what to do.”
Did God create you? “Of course,” you respond.
Did He put IN you a unique set of gifts, likes, abilities, personality, and experiences? “Well, yes He did,” you conclude.
THEN TAKE WHAT YOU LIKE TO DO AND DO IT! Its really that simple. God has already qualified you to work in His kingdom for a specialized task that you can do as well or better than anyone else.
A principle which has permeated by soul is the “cup of cold water in Jesus’s name” principle. It only has two simple parts:
- Whatever it is I’m capable of doing can be used by God, even if its handing someone a cup of water.
- Whatever I do, do it in “Jesus’ name,” do for Him and literally SPEAK his name in the process of doing it.
For God loves a griping giver, right? Nope! God loves a CHEERFUL giver. So as you give yourself away in Jesus’ name in cups of kindness and service, ATTITUDE makes all the difference in the world. Be enthusiastic!
Well, brother Paul said it better than I did anyway. Read this verse and see if you get the same thing I did!
So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless. 1 Cor. 15:58 NLT
Our Father, we praise you that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. You created each of us with a unique set of capabilities. Thank-you for the opportunities you put right in front of us each day to serve you by serving people. Thank-you for the assurance that what we do for the “least of these” we do for your Son Jesus. What a joy to serve you with assurance that nothing we do for You is ever useless!