What if God gave us the desires of our heart? Could we define what our heart’s desires are?
The list would likely become very long.
- Stop the tide of militant Islam in our world.
- Heal a disease or injury.
- Give a few more months of life to the dying.
- Free the captive and persecuted Christians enduring severe persecution.
- Bring my neighbor, grandchild, or friend to salvation.
- Save my child’s marriage.
- Ignite a wave of revival and spiritual awakening.
- Heal the consequences of my sin or my loved one’s sin.
- Stop the evildoers from robbing our freedoms.
- May our nation be obsessed with repentance and revival instead of sexual expression in all kinds of perverted ways.
- Make me happy.
- Grow our church.
- Bring thousands more to saving faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Come quickly Lord Jesus.
Psalm 37 gives hope! Meditate on these verses for a few minutes:
1 Fret not yourself because of evildoers; be not envious of wrongdoers!
2 For they will soon fade like the grass and wither like the green herb.
3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will act.
God wins! Keep doing the little things you can do here and now. Fret not. Don’t worry. Don’t envy the seemingly successful evildoers. They will wither away soon. Trust in the Lord. Be faithful. DELIGHT YOURSELF IN THE LORD! Commit your way to Him. God will act!
Don’t lose heart. Don’t give up. Share the transforming power of Jesus Christ in spite of the growing antagonism in our secularized society. Jesus changes lives!
Our Father, forgive us for fretting. We commit ourselves to DELIGHT in You! We pray for spiritual awakening and revival in our nation and in our world. You are our only hope and salvation. Come quickly Lord Jesus.