“You have said, ‘It is vain to serve God. And now we call the arrogant blessed. Evildoers not only prosper but they put God to the test and they escape.'”
Malachi 3:14a, 15
Five judges of the highest court in the greatest nation in the world arrogantly say they can change the definition of marriage God established at creation and many Americans agree.
Planned Parenthood and other such organizations taut themselves as a healthcare provider but have put Hitler’s holocaust to shame with 60 million deaths of voiceless, innocent, unborn babies.
Like a powder keg with the fuse lit, racial tension in many cities of the land of the free and the home of the brave is ready to explode . Hatred over skin color and bigotry due to culture differences continue to heat up instead of cool down.
Our federal healthcare system seeks to force religious institutions and Christian-owned businesses to provide a healthcare insurance that provides abortion-inducing drugs. When we protest that it is against our religious convictions, they have the audacity to say that we don’t understand our own Scripture and should change our minds!
Authorities ridiculed John the Baptist when he told King Herod he was wrong to take his brothers wife. Today Christians are ridiculed if we tell King Herod it is wrong to be his brother’s wife.
What’s the use!? Is God really God? Is evil going to win? Sin seems to win!
Let me assure you that the great and awesome day of the Lord comes! Not only does the prophet Malachi acknowledge that it seems vain to serve the Lord, but he assures us of God’s certainty to act.
- A book of remembrance is written before Him of those who fear the Lord and esteem His name. Malachi 3:16
- Those who belong to God will be spared His judgment. Malachi 3:17
- A time is coming when all shall see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked. Malachi 3:18
- The arrogant and evildoers will be consumed as straw in a hot fire. Malachi 4:1
- Those who fear the Lord will one day leap with joy like a young calves kicking up their heels. Malachi 4:2
- Until that great and awesome day of the Lord, those who belong to Jesus Christ are called by God to urgently pass on to the next generation a heart for following the Lord with love and obedience. Malachi 4:6
What’s the use? Even though sin seems to win, pay day is coming, triumph will be total, and our call to serve the Lord today is urgent. Don’t give up.
Our Father, fill us with faith and perseverance to love You, love people, and share the hope-filled message of the gospel of Jesus Christ that whoever confesses with their mouth Jesus is Lord and believes in their heart God raised him from the dead, will be saved.